The Marketing Associate role within Cargill Agricultural Supply Chain North America (CASCNA) is responsible for providing marketing and communications support for the grain origination and advisory product lines targeted to farm customers across the business. This role supports the marketing and sales of farmer facing products, services and solutions. The individual in this role will be exposed to a range of product lines and functions as part of their development.
As a member of the Customer Services and Solutions (CSS) team, the Marketing Associate will participate in the development and active execution of annual marketing and communications plans with leadership from the Marketing Specialists and support from a range of CSS team members; successful implementation and execution of plans and tactics will be a significant emphasis. This role is a critical go-to resource for our in-field sales team and primary contact for marketing support. The Marketing Associate will also take an active role in a number of different strategic projects which support the success of Cargill’s farmer facing teams.
The position requires an individual with flexibility, a sense of urgency, follow-up, strong attention to detail and a drive to delight both inside clients and external customers. Tactics managed by this role will span multiple mediums including video, webcast, text, e-Mail, online, social, print, and presentations. With the variety of required tasks, an ability to prioritize and stay organized is critical to success in this role.
40% Planning & Execution
In collaboration with the Marketing Specialists, sales leaders, customer facing members in the region, Product Line Leaders (grain and advisory), and communications, the Marketing Associate will be responsible for executing marketing strategy and implementation of small to medium scope projects and supporting broader strategy execution that contribute to business growth goals. To include:
• Design and execution of marketing, sales and communications strategies and tactics aligned with value proposition and branding strategy.
• Provide ongoing grain marketing content that enables the CASCNA sales teams (advisory, grain) to more effectively support existing customers, grow share of wallet, and build prospect funnel.
• Develop and execute a wide range of communication tactics across a variety of mediums, with increasing focus on digital channels, that align with customer buying processes and create buyer enablement.
• Primary contact for sales team providing technical support and guidance of tactics and systems.
• Engage with internal and external partners as needed to support content development and implementation.
• Regularly assess and report on the qualitative and quantitative impact of marketing strategies and tactics to enable continuous improvement.
30% Project Coordination
With direction from the Marketing Specialist, participate in the development and lead implementation of a range of marketing projects aligned with the objectives of the grain and advisory product lines. To include:
• Collaborate with CASCNA grain merchandising team to document factors influencing current grain markets. Prioritize major supply and demand drivers, identify primary relevant messages for internal and external customers, and deepen understanding of concepts.
• Manage product line social strategy and execution (@CargillGrainUS) to include: content planning, visual creation, audience engagement, internal engagement, and analytics / performance scorecards
• Manage the planning and logistics associated with internal and external events (sales meetings, customer meetings, trade shows, etc.)
Under the direction of the Marketing Specialist, assist in the development of annual Marketing Plans that define and deliver on Cargill’s value proposition to farmer customers and positively build Cargill’s brand in the marketplace. To include: overarching grain value proposition development, grain marketing plan strategy, content marketing strategy, integrated communications planning, targeted customer engagement.
Perform market analysis for existing products or new opportunities, including but not limited to market sizing, competitor assessment, and targeted customers. A range of analysis tools and techniques will be used including use of customer relationship management software, database mining, report preparation and effective use of market research, all leading to the development of recommendations based on the findings of the analyses.