ABOUT THE JOB
The Digital Department of the ACLU’s National office in New York, NY seeks applications for the full-time position of Associate Digital Campaigner.
The ACLU places great emphasis on the role of digital communications in framing the debate on its issues, building support, and increasing the impact of its work. The Digital Campaigns team of the Digital Department is responsible for promoting the ACLU’s mission, its brand and its programs through multi-faceted outreach campaigns over email, text and other digital channels. Additionally, the Digital Campaigns team is accountable for growing our email and text lists, and experimenting with content-driven campaigns in order to grow supporters and convert donors and activists.
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Digital Campaigns, the Associate Digital Campaigner will help execute email and text campaigns on priority issue areas across the organization with direction and support from their team. The Associate Digital Campaigner will work closely with their team leads to produce and deploy campaigns that increase the number of ACLU supporters and donors, expand engagement with these audiences, maximize online donations, and support the organization’s policy goals through targeted advocacy efforts.
- Help execute compelling digital campaigns that drive supporters to take action and donate to the ACLU with a special focus on maximizing online fundraising opportunities.
- Code and test responsive HTML and CSS emails using email marketing software; review and edit emails to ensure quality.
- Produce and test online advocacy forms, donation forms, event forms, and other campaign landing pages.
- Help support ACLU affiliates across the country develop and deploy digital campaigns, and leverage best practices related to email and text outreach. This includes ideating on ways to help state affiliates be more self-sufficient and make it easier to consume best practices.
- With support from their team, implement A/B and multivariate split tests across email, text and web, and assist with reporting in collaboration with our Analytics department.
- Support their team in identifying opportunities for high-impact digital engagement and advocacy campaigns through email and text channels.
- Work cross-departmentally as well as with vendors, consultants and contractors to produce online text and email campaigns.
- Assist with weekend email and text publishing as part of a rotating coverage schedule. This includes off-hours production and publishing work, as needed, for live coverage of high-priority events or “breaking news” moments.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous, data-driven learning and evaluation.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity within the office using a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance, record of arrest or conviction.
- Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts.