Alpha Media – Salt Lake City, UT is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented Marketing/Social Media Strategist who has a proven record of building and maintaining ongoing relationships with existing clients through the entire sales cycle. The ideal candidate must possess proven business development and sales experience, be a self-starter that is able to work with clients to meet marketing objectives, and sell the value of Alpha Media local radio and digital brands.
Alpha Media has a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world class events and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates radio stations across the United States covering all formats.
We are live, local, and can’t wait to talk to you!
Responsibilities for this position may include:
- Market radio and digital advertising.
- Successfully uncover and close new, non-radio advertisers utilizing plans comprised of local spot and/or digital/non-spot revenue areas.
- Understand digital marketing including mobile and programmatic digital advertising.
- Ensure that company initiatives and tools provided are used and maximized.
- Participate in weekly sales meetings and training sessions.Negotiate direct and agency business.
- Input client orders and copy using company provided software.
- Ensure attainment of monthly, quarterly and annual local + NTR + digital budget goals.
- Participates in stations events, such as; Cinco de Mayo, Pawchella, Fiestas Patrias, Dia de los Muertos, etc.
- Enjoy the process. It’s a fun, energizing, innovation and engaging industry.
- Services and grows relationships in existing client base.
- Identifies client/agency needs and develops compelling and persuasive proposals to meet needs and goals.
- Delivers creative and effective marketing presentations.
- Guides clients responsibly based on market, platform and station information.
- Maintains client communication and ensures continued results oriented satisfaction.
- Negotiate rates based on supply and demand at time of placement.
- Works collaboratively with internal and external partners to drive revenue.
- Ensures prompt payment from clients and manages expectations up front on cash in advance or approved credit terms via Business Manager.
- Follows all station procedures for order entry, resolving billing issues, submitting weekly reports, pipeline lists, forecasts and competitive analysis.
Requirements of this position include the following:
- A proven track record delivering strong and consistent sales growth, while consistently exceeding revenue targets.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing culture and environment.
- The role requires an enthusiastic and hardworking person who exudes passion for Alpha Media’s unique platform and value proposition.
Preference may be given to candidates who have the above experience plus the following:
- Experience building strategic presentations and dynamically presenting them to clients.
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your cover letter and resume ASAP by clicking the Apply button.