Careers That Change Lives:
We have an exciting opportunity to hire a Sr. Social Media Content Specialist to create content for the corporate social media channels, optimize campaigns and report on campaign effectiveness. This position is within the Corporate Content Marketing team that helps tell the Medtronic story to the world. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of social media channels, is an adept social media writer, and has experience creating visual assets for our social media channels.
A Day in the Life:
• Create comprehensive integrated social media and content marketing content.
• Partner with content experts in the business groups, regions and functions to identify opportunities for social media engagement, acquire and curate content, and manage the syndication of content to externally available social media channels. Identify ways to maximize and leverage social/content marketing in advertising, media relations, digital, direct, experiential and other forms of marketing
• Ensure that content and the social ‘voice’ of are consistent with the brand
• Collaborate with team members and outside agencies to implement the social/content marketing plan
• Utilize appropriate analytics and tracking services to monitor and optimize performance, including audience growth and engagement. Provide quarterly updates to internal clients and leadership.
• Increase the social/content marketing acumen of staff by developing and implement social/content marketing training curriculum
• Provide regular reports and updates on emerging trends for staff and departments
• Formally and informally interact with departments to provide training, tips and updates on social/content marketing initiatives
• Assist in managing strategic partnership programs to increase the social/content marketing value of such partnerships
• Identify new/emerging social platforms that serve the goals of the organization
• Collaborate on all research programs including research design, implementation and analysis
• Assists in developing and managing annual social/content budget, authorizes expenditures and tracks project costs to control expenses
• Bachelor Degree
• 4+ years’ experience in a position directly managing integrated social and content marketing programs (2 years with Masters)
• Experience in weaving social/content marketing into traditional marketing programs
Nice to Have:
• Experience in strategic program planning and implementation. In-depth knowledge of social and content marketing trends and emerging platforms and ability/knowledge to stay ahead of the curve in social/content marketing
• Experience in planning marketing strategies and initiatives in conjunction with overall organizational strategies and objectives
• Strong writing skills for social media channels and ability to create visual assets for the channels including basic video editing, Photoshop, and graphic creation
• Ability to motivate teams to produce quality results within tight timeframes and simultaneously manages several services projects
• Experience with Social Media Administrative and Content Management Tools as well as platforms including Facebook, Twitter, You Tube
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)