The Director of Marketing and Digital Content will be a member of the College Relations leadership team. The goal of College Relations is to position Green River College as the first choice for higher education in South King County. The Director of Marketing and Digital Content will play a lead role in Green River College's integrated communications and marketing efforts. Key responsibilities include marketing strategy development, branding, and content creation. This position also manages Green River's web and online presence.
Marketing and Communications
- Develops and executes the College's strategic marketing plan across all channels, including search engine marketing, social media, traditional and non-traditional print and digital advertising utilizing a data-driven approach.
- Implements GRC's marketing plan in a manner that raises institutional visibility, promotes college instructional and support programs leading to the successful recruitment of student's representative of our diverse communities and the ongoing engagement of community members.
- Track the effectiveness of overall marketing strategy through the use of SEO, SEM and web analytics to boost effectiveness, and track and analyze results to inform performance improvements
- Oversee the college's external and internal online presence, including content creation, promotion and analytics.
- Develop and manage integrated advertising campaigns to support enrollment, retention, completion, and other college initiatives.
- Provide guidance for staff to optimize ROI based on insights gleaned from thorough analysis of available data.
- Serve as back-up Public Information Officer to Senior Director.
- Monitor the competitive landscape with an eye for industry best practices and innovative strategies.
- Create, edit, and proofread compelling content to ensure consistency and accuracy while adhering to Associated Press and College branding and style guidelines.
Relationship Building and Outreach
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure consistency in messaging in regards to marketing and communications initiatives, and to ensure informational, department and program related content is accurate, up-to-date, and are consistent with marketing efforts to maximize ROI.
- Coordinate with colleagues across all Green River locations to maintain a strong and consistent brand across all departments, programs and locations.
- Supervise a team of web/social media professionals.
- Provide consistent and positive leadership that is aligned with the culture of the College Relations Organization.
- Responsible for successfully managing multiple projects, clients and deadlines, and delivering them on time and on budget.
- Other duties as assigned in support of college relations activities.
- Develops and maintain web accessibility plan for public facing website and information
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, public relations or related field and 5 years progressively more responsible experience in marketing.
- Or minimum of 7 years progressively more responsible leadership in marketing that includes leading a team.
- Demonstrated experience leading people
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, staff, faculty, students and the general public.
- Experience developing, executing, and monitoring full scope marketing and advertising campaigns
- Experience using analytics and data platforms such as Google Analytics, AdWords, Facebook Ads Manager, etc., to monitor and report on website traffic, social media activity and engagement, search engine optimization, and effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
- Experience working with content management systems such as Terminal 4, WordPress, Drupal, or SharePoint
- Demonstrated skills to handle a variety of projects simultaneously with the ability to produce timelines, manage details, follow through and meet deadlines.
- Excellent customer service, follow-through and attention to detail.
- Ability to craft clear and effective communications during a campus crisis or emergency.
- Proven problem solving skills with the ability to identify issues, formulate a plan based on department goals to be achieved and proactively execute a plan of attack to provide a solution.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite of products including Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, or After Effects.
- Experience with Section 508, WCAG 2.0, and ADA requirements for accessible content.
- Must be able to operate a computer
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Frequent use of computer and exposure to terminal screen in performing work assignments
- Ability to work for prolonged hours during extreme campus emergencies or crisis
- Ability to work during severe weather conditions (ie: snow, high winds, heavy rain) to ensure operational conditions are being updated.
- Must be able to lift 20lbs.
Attach the following with your completed on line application and responses to the Supplemental Questions (located under the tab titled "Supplemental Questions") to be considered for this position. Should you have any difficulties uploading the below documents, please contact Neogov tech support at 1-855-524-5627 Mon-Fri 6 a.m. – 6 p.m. pacific time.
- A cover letter which specifically describes how you meet each of the MINIMUM and the PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
All offers of employment are subject to background checks. (Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.)
Green River College is a tobacco free campus. For more information on the tobacco policy, please visit the following link: https://www.greenriver.edu/campus/policies-and-procedures/general-administrative-policies/ga-2-tobacco-use-policy/
Jeanne Clery Statement: Notice of Availability of Annual Security and Fire Safety Report-- Green River College's Annual Safety and Fire Report is available online at www.greenriver.edu/CleryASFR, containing mandated information about current campus policies concerning safety and security issues, required statistics, and other related information for the past three calendar years. To obtain a paper copy of the report, please call 253-288-3350.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Green River College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, gender, gender orientation, age, marital status, religion, disability, genetic information or on any other unlawful basis. The college is committed to preventing and stopping discrimination, including harassment of any kind and any associated retaliatory behavior.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Vice President of Human Resources, 12401 SE 320th Street, Auburn, WA 98092-3622, (253) 288-3320. To receive this information in an alternate format, please contact Disability Support Services at (253) 833-9111, ext. 2631; TTY (253) 288-3359.