Groundwork Coffee specializes in batch-roasted, certified organic coffees and artisanal teas. From our humble roots as a rare book store and cafe back in 1990, Groundwork would go on to become one of the first certified organic coffee roasters in Southern California, as well as the largest organic coffee roaster in Los Angeles. A truly local pioneer in fair trade and fairly traded coffee and tea sourcing, we remain committed to sustainable business practices, including maintaining direct relationships with growers and importers who promote responsible coffee and tea production.
Now, nearly 30 years later — thanks to the neighbors and friends we’ve been fortunate enough to serve — we have opened 14 cafés along the West Coast, we have two very busy roasteries in Los Angeles and Portland, and we produce a growing line of delicious cold brew coffees. We’ve also been profoundly lucky to see the development of dozens of new organic coffee farms around the world and are proud to continue sharing their exceptional coffees with you. From the ground up, Groundwork is steadfast in its commitment to the values of quality, sustainability and community.
We are looking for an experienced Digtial Marketing Manager to play an integral role in the growth of the Groundwork brand by developing and executing digital marketing plans, programs, and campaigns across various channels touching on all aspects of the customer digital journey. This person will be responsible for driving eCommerce growth, increasing customer engagement, building brand awareness, and measuring performance to optimize effectiveness. The Digital Marketing Manager should have a strong grasp of current marketing tools and strategies and be able to lead integrated digital campaigns from concept to execution.
If you love a great a cup of coffee (or tea), embody strong leadership skills and are enthusiastic about marketing, then please apply today!
What You’ll Do:
- eCommerce and Website Management
- Email Marketing
- Digital Advertising
- Social Media Marketing
What It Takes To Work Here:
We’re looking for someone who is a self-starter and learner with a hands-on approach, a good sense of prioritization and the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment. Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Minimum 3-5+ years of professional experience in digital marketing, e-commerce, marketing strategy, planning, and implementation.
- Proficient in Web-Based Analytical Tools, including the preparation and analysis of e-commerce product performance (i.e. Google Analytics, Shopify, Amazon, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of social media, building online communities, paid advertising, and understanding of how content is shared/consumed across social platforms.
- Ability to work with complex sets of data to drive actionable insights,
- Food/beverage experience preferred.
We strive to be the best place our employees have ever worked, and to produce the best coffee our customers have ever sipped. As a part of our team, you’ll be working with people who are down-to-earth, friendly, and passionate in a casual, caffeinated, and fun environment.
*Benefits are offered to eligible employees and are subject to change.
- Free Coffee to Take Home: 1 pound Bulk Coffee or ¼ Pound Loose Leaf Tea every week
- Free Coffee in the Office: Nitro & Cold Brew on Tap, Espresso Machine, Brewed Batches, etc.
- Employee Discount Program: Discounts on Food, Beverage, & Merchandise
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off: Including Sick Hours, Vacation, and Holidays
- Commuter Program: Substantially Subsidized Metro Pass
- 401(k): To Invest in Your Future!