Crescent Hotels & Resorts
Fairfax, VA, USA
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Participate in weekly revenue conference calls as requested with assigned hotels prepared to discuss and review digital strategy items and initiatives. Update hotel team & digital strategy team with recap from call as necessary.
2. Coordinate and manage monthly calls with each hotel, applicable vendors and brand services for website, marketing and digital strategy review. Prepare presentation and questions for discussion related to site performance and Crescent digital KPI’s.
3. Participate in weekly digital strategy departmental call. Discuss status and updates for assigned hotels, corporate initiatives, brand updates, etc.
4. Become a “brand expert” in assigned brand(s) for all digital strategy related tasks, best practices and initiatives. Update digital strategy, hotel and revenue teams with updates and changes.
5. Conduct regular audits of hotels’ website content and images to ensure accuracy, consistency and timeliness. Execute content updates, etc. as necessary through provided content management system.
6. Coordinate photoshoots and implementation of new images for hotels following a photo shoot. Audit brand sites, vanity sites, OTAs, Social pages, review sites, etc. for old images and request removal and replacement with updated images as needed.
7. Transition new properties by performing audits of website and social media, completing eCommerce checklist, and introduction of Crescent digital services. Follow up with properties and brand to review and implement recommendations.
8. Perform due diligence for business development as requested including website & social media audits.
9. Participate and assist in management, content and distribution of press releases.
10. Assist revenue strategy and distribution teams with strategies and tactics to increase contribution of reservations from primary e-channels, brand website, and hotel websites within the assigned city market.
11. Working with Crescent corporate and brand tools, assist properties with the development and execution of targeted email campaigns following corporate and brand best practices. Ensure proper list management for SPAM law compliance. Communicate campaign performance to stake holders following deployment.
12. Proactively make recommendations while following established brand standards to improve web presence, marketing performance, and revenue generation.
13. Research and stay current on emerging technology, providers, and trends that could have a positive impact on hotel online presence, revenue derived from online efforts, and the overall performance of hotel online marketing initiatives.
14. Monitor hotel management responses to consumer review sites. Assist in training and drafting management responses where necessary. Assist in content management for travel sites, i.e. Trip Advisor, Yelp, etc. Improve property rankings through site management and providing the hotel with resources to increase visibility and positive reviews
15. Assist hotels with social media such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, etc. Provide training and guidance in content creation and management of posts.
• At least two years of experience in a measurable role dealing with marketing or digital strategy
• Must be able to communicate (speak, read, write) in the English language.
• Professional Communication Skills – verbal and written
• Excellent Computer Skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Excellent proofreading skills
• Ability to multi-task and self-motivate
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Knowledge of social media sites – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat
• Working knowledge of website analytical tools to include Google Analytics
• Get it done attitude with willingness to work additional hours if unexpected projects or tight deadlines require it.
• Adaptable in a constantly changing environment, organized and able to handle pressure well.
ADDITIONAL IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS:
Knowledge and understanding of open source and proprietary web site platforms such as WordPress or Weebly and web languages (HTML, CSS)
Advanced computer skills, including Office and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
Knowledge of Cision / PRWeb Platform
Experience in press release creation, distribution and optimization
Knowledge and understanding of SEM and SEO
Knowledge and understanding of PPC campaign creation, Google AdWords, etc.
Ability to multi-task, conduct research and generate online strategies.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.